Monday, July 21, 2008

Riding for A Cause

My church supports a ministry that helps kids get their lives together through the Christian Faith. It is called the Christian Encounter Ministry Ranch. It is a place where the kids live and go to school in a healthy environment.
They accept Kids who can or cannot pay the full tuition. Therefore, they must raise the money through fundraisers.
The Agony Ride is the biggest fundraiser.
The goal: People Bike, people pledge money.
This is a 24 hour bike ride. Riders go the furthest they can in that time. I will try for 100 miles. I may not make it, I may make more.
The ride is an amazing ministry of its own. It brings a lot of people together, and it shows the young people that people really do care about them. The agony ride takes place at and near Loyalton, CA. Luckily, it is a flat location with not too many hills. There are riders there, and a whole bunch of support people there too. The support people feed, water, comfort, and cheer the riders.
Please visit the CEM's website for more information.
On Friday, Saturday, and perhaps part of Sunday, I will be in agony!!
If you would like to sponsor me, please email me at bradly4jc@hotmail.com. Thank you!!

No comments: